Obereggen ski resort - Latemar Ski Center
Skiing at the bottom of Latemar Mountain
The Obereggen ski resort – Latemar Ski Center
offer snow and skiing pleasures at the bottom of the Latemar Mountain. 48 km of not too steep, several kilometres long, and vast slopes provide a paradise for winter athletes. Great snow conditions, traditional huts offering South Tyrolean specialities, and the breath-taking view of Latemar and Catinaccio make Obereggen one of the most popular ski resorts in South Tyrol!
Figures & Facts – Obereggen ski resort:
- 46 km of slopes - 21,6% blue slopes (easy), 64,4% red slopes (medium) and 14% black slopes
- 18 modern lift facilities – 14 chairlifts, 2 cable cars and 2 tow lifts
- 1,550 to 2,500 metres of altitude
- 125 snow machines
- Snowpark Obereggen : train Air to fakie, Alley Oop, Backflip, McTwist and other jumps! The Obereggen Snowboard park is a park for all skill levels and offers Medium Line, Easy Kids Line and Wood Line.
- Brunoland & Yetiland kids world: Brunoland is a paradise for tomorrow's ski stars! Playing in snow, training the first moves, and playing with Bruno the bear… Conveyor belts of 50m and 30m in length, children's merry-go-round, giant dragon, bouncing castle, foamed characters, didactical exercises, and entertainment programmes from Monday to Friday from 2 – 3 p.m. Yetiland offers day care for children from 3 years. Children are supervised by experienced teachers. Yetiland is open daily from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. At the end of a great week children can participate in a race with prize awarding ceremony.
- The Pampeago and Predazzo ski resorts with even more slopes in the Val di Fiemme Dolomites are directly connected to Obereggen. The Alpe Cermis and Bellamonte ski resorts are also part of the association. With only one ski pass you can enjoy 5 ski resorts, 50 lift facilities, and 140 km of slopes.
Highlights in the Obereggen ski resort
Night skiing & night sledging every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Obereggen Night Show: Every Monday from 9.30 p.m. the Ski & Snowboard School presents a spectacular show with the best freestylers from the region; open-air disco and mulled wine. Bruno the bear puts on a show for the children. Afterwards you can observe a display by snow-cat drivers and end the evening with lots of fun in the Tipi après ski bar.
Obereggen is top! 220 experts of the "Skiarea Test" have confirmed this by declaring Obereggen the "best prepared slopes in the Alpine area".
The snow machine system also achieved the highest grade, and Josef Gummerer was declared "snowing master of the year"